Welcome to our group: Systems pharmacology in TCM
2005.9-2009.7: B.S. in Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
2009.9-2014.7: Ph.D in Chemical Biology, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
2014.7-2016.6: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, College of Life Science, Peking University
2016.7-now: Associate Professor, Xinglin Young Scholar, The Second Clinical College, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine
Our lab is doing research in the fields of systems pharmacology in traditional Chinese medicine. We are developing efficient computational methods and algorithms to quantitatively modelling drug-target interaction and efficacy of single drug or drug combination based on pathway network.
(1) Construction of pathways of inflammation and immune system-related diseases,
(2) Development of novel approaches for evalution of drug efficacy based on pathway networks,
(3) Quantitatively modelling of TCM,
(4) Exploration of phenomics of TCM.
Anyone who wants to join is welcome.
Address: Room 505, Science Building, 55 Neihuanxi Road, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center,
Guangzhou 510006, China.
Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine
Guangdong Provincial Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Universal Natural Products Database (UNPD)
Cardiovascular Disease Herbal Database (CVDHD)
Psoriasis Database of Traditional Chinese Medicine (PDTCM)
Anti-Inflamamtory Compounds Database (AICD)
(1) Jiangyong Gu, Philip S. Crosier, Christopher J. Hall, Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu. Inflammatory pathway network-based drug repositioning and molecular phenomics. Molecular BioSystems, 2016, 12(9), 2777-2784.
(2) Jiangyong Gu1, Xinzhuang Zhang1, Yimin Ma, Na Li, Fang Luo, Liang Cao, Zhenzhong Wang, Gu Yuan, Lirong Chen, Wei Xiao, Xiaojie Xu. Quantitative modeling of dose-response and drug combination based on pathway network. Journal of Cheminformatics, 2015, 7, 19. (1co-first author)
(3) Fang Luo1, Jiangyong Gu1, Xinzhuang Zhang, Lirong Chen, Liang Cao, Na Li, Zhenzhong Wang, Wei Xiao, Xiaojie Xu. Multiscale Modeling of Drug-induced Effects of ReDuNing Injection on Human Disease: From Drug Molecules to Clinical Symptoms of Disease. Scientific reports, 2015, 5, 10064. (1co-first author)
(4) Zhongyang Liu1, Feifei Guo1, Jiangyong Gu1, Yong Wang, Yang Li, Dan Wang, Liang Lu, Dong Li, Fuchu He. Similarity-based prediction for Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical classification of drugs by integrating multiple data sources. Bioinformatics, 2015, 31(11), 1788-1795.(1co-first author)
(5) Tengfei Chen1, Jiangyong Gu1, Xinzhuang Zhang, Yimin Ma, Liang Cao, Zhenzhong Wang, Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu, Wei Xiao. System-level Study on Synergism and Antagonism of Active Ingredients in Traditional Chinese Medicine by Using Molecular Imprinting Technology. Scientific reports, 2014, 4, 7159. (1co-first author)
(6) Xinzhuang Zhang1, Jiangyong Gu1, Liang Cao, Yimin Ma, Zhenzhen Su, Fang Luo, Zhenzhong Wang, Na Li, Gu Yuan, Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu, Wei Xiao. Insights into the inhibition and mechanism of compounds against LPS-induced PGE2 production: a pathway network-based approach and molecular dynamics simulations. Integrative Biology, 2014, 6(12):1162-1169.(1co-first author)
(7) Weixian Ding1, Jiangyong Gu1, Liang Cao, Na Li, Gang Ding, Zhengzhong Wang, Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu, Wei Xiao. Traditional Chinese Herbs as Chemical Resource Library for Drug discovery of Anti-infective and Anti-inflammatory. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2014, 155(1), 589-598. (1co-first author)
(8) Tengfei Chen1, Jiangyong Gu1, Hao Wang, Gu Yuan, Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu, Wei Xiao. Semi-Preparative Scale Separation of Emodin from Plant Extract by Using Molecularly Imprinted Polymer as Stationary Phase. Chromatographia, 2014, 13-14, 893-899. (1co-first author)
(9) Fang Luo1, Jiangyong Gu1 , Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu. Systems pharmacology strategies for anticancer drug discovery based on natural products. Molecular BioSystems, 2014, 10(7), 1912-1917. (1co-first author)
(10) Jiangyong Gu1, Fang Luo1, Lirong Chen, Gu Yuan, Xiaojie Xu. A systematic study of chemogenomics of carbohydrates. Molecular BioSystems, 2014, 10(3), 391-397. (1co-first author)
(11) Jiangyong Gu, Yuanshen Gui, Lirong Chen, Gu Yuan, Xiaojie Xu. CVDHD: a cardiovascular disease herbal database for drug discovery and network pharmacology. Journal of Cheminformatics, 2013, 5, 51.
(12) Jiangyong Gu, Lirong Chen, Gu Yuan, Xiaojie Xu. A Drug-Target Network-Based Approach to Evaluate the Efficacy of Medicinal Plants for Type II Diabetes Mellitus. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013 (2013), 203614.
(13) Jiangyong Gu, Yuanshen Gui, Lirong Chen, Gu Yuan, Hui-Zhe Lu, Xiaojie Xu. Use of Natural Products as Chemical Library for Drug Discovery and Network Pharmacology. PLoS ONE, 2013, 8(4), e62839.
(14) Jiangyong Gu, Qian Li, Lirong Chen, Youyong Li, Tingjun Hou, Gu Yuan, Xiaojie Xu. Platelet Aggregation Pathway Network-Based Approach for Evaluating Compounds Efficacy. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013 (2013), 425707.
(15) Jiangyong Gu, Hu Zhang, Gu Yuan, Lirong Chen, Xiaojie Xu. Surface-initiated molecularly imprinted polymeric column: In situ synthesis and application for semi-preparative separation by high performance liquid chromatography. Journal of Chromatography A, 2011, 1218(45), 8150-8155.
(16) Jiangyong Gu, Hu Zhang, Lirong Chen, Shun Xu, Gu Yuan, Xiaojie Xu. Drug–target network and polypharmacology studies of a Traditional Chinese Medicine for type II diabetes mellitus. Computational Biology and Chemistry, 2011, 35(5), 293-297.